Sativa strains are a popular choice for many cannabis users, as they offer an uplifting, energizing high that can be used to help with creativity and focus. Sativas are usually taller plants with long thin leaves, and generally have higher levels of THC than indica varieties.
When looking for the best sativa strain for you, it’s important to consider what effects you’re looking for—such as energy or pain relief—as well as your desired flavor profile. With so many different types of sativas available on the market today, it can be overwhelming trying to find the right one.
Read on to learn more about some of the best sativa strains on the market today.
What is Sativa and What are its Benefits?
Sativa is a type of cannabis plant that has been used for centuries to treat various ailments. It is known for its energizing and uplifting effects, making it one of the most popular strains among recreational users.
Sativa also provides many medical benefits such as relief from pain, nausea, depression, anxiety, and other health issues. When combined with other types of cannabis products such as edibles or oils, the effects can be even more powerful.
Top Five Best Sativa Strains
Here are the top five Sativa strains that have gained popularity in recent years:
- Jack Herer: This strain is named after the cannabis activist and author of The Emperor Wears No Clothes, Jack Herer. It has a sweet, spicy aroma and provides uplifting effects that will leave users feeling relaxed yet focused.
- Durban Poison: This South African strain is the perfect choice for those looking to experience an energizing, creative high. It offers a pungent, earthy flavor with hints of sweetness and hints of spice.
- Lemon Haze: This strain is known for its citrusy aroma and flavor, as well as its energizing effects. It’s perfect for daytime use, providing users with a creative boost without any sedative or couch-lock effects.
- Sour Diesel: This popular strain has become a favorite among medical and recreational users alike. It offers a strong diesel flavor with an earthy undertone, and provides users with uplifting effects that are more energizing than sedating.
- Green Crack: This strain offers an intense yet uplifting buzz, making it a great option for daytime use. It has an earthy, sweet taste and provides users with an invigorating high.
Differences Between Indica and Sativa
Indica and Sativa are the two main types of marijuana strains, with each having distinct characteristics that make them unique. Sativa strains have a much higher concentration of THC than Indica ones, which makes them more potent and produces a more intense psychoactive experience. Indica strains, on the other hand, typically have a higher CBD content than Sativa and are often used for medicinal purposes.
Sativa strains are known for their energizing and uplifting effects, which can make them ideal for daytime use or activities that involve physical activity. They tend to be invigorating and stimulating. This energetic “high” can induce an increased sense of focus, creativity, and euphoria. Sativa strains can also help with mood elevation and stress relief.
Indica strains, on the other hand, contain more CBD than Sativa varieties and produce a much more relaxed and soothing experience. These properties make Indica ideal for nighttime use or activities that involve relaxing and unwinding. The sedative effects of an Indica strain can help to reduce anxiety and depression, as well as alleviate chronic pain.
Though Sativa and Indica strains provide different effects, they can both be beneficial when used appropriately.
How to Find the Right Strain for You
Finding the right strain of Sativa can be a daunting task, as there are many different varieties available with various effects and flavors. However, this doesn’t have to be an overwhelming process. To find the right strain for you, consider the following factors:
- Effects – Different Sativa strains offer different effects. Consider whether you’re looking for an energizing or relaxing effect, or something in between. Think about what kind of experience you want to have and research the potential effects of different strains.
- Flavor – Sativa strains can have a variety of flavors, ranging from sweet and fruity to earthy and herbal. Consider which flavor options you’re interested in and research the taste profiles of different strains to find one that meets your preferences.
- THC/CBD Ratio – Different Sativa strains have various ratios of THC and CBD. Consider how strong a psychoactive effect you’re looking for, or if you want the relaxing effect of CBD more than the energizing effect of THC. Research the THC/CBD ratios of different strains to find one that best caters to your needs.
By carefully considering the aforementioned factors, you can narrow down your search and find a Sativa strain that is right for you. Additionally, many dispensaries offer samples, or “flights,” of various strains so you can try several at a time and find the one that best fits your needs. With a bit of research and experimentation, you can find the perfect Sativa strain for you.
Dr. Nicholas Marsh has been a respected board-certified anesthesiologist in Northern Virginia for over 35 years. Recognized as a top doctor by FindaTopDoc.com, his vision for providing top-quality medical services is driven by his passion for patient comfort and dignity.